Join us for our 7th Lavender Festival
July 7th and 8th, 2018,
from 10:00am to 5:00pm
Admission: $10.00 per person-children under 12 are free
Please plan to bring cash for the admission, food vendors and activities
Come celebrate with us and enjoy a weekend of fragrance, taste and entertainment! We want to share the beauty of our purple fields, the exquisite aroma of the essence of our flowers and the flavour of our culinary treats.
** More details will be posted here as they are finalized, so check back again soon! **
(Please note that these activities are on-going throughout the weekend except for the bands/musicians which are scheduled at specific times. See separate listing to the right)
New this year: You might win one of our wonderful prizes.
1st Prize: Two night stay at our BnB
2nd Prize: A lavender gift basket of a value of $100.00
Deposit your ballot located in our store and good luck to everyone
- Watch a demonstration of how Lavender Essential Oil is distilled and get your questions answered about this process.
- Free tasting of our lavender lemonade and lavender nougat.
- You and your children will be delighted by our Balloon Artist.
- Meet Daniel the magicien. Daniel will amaze you with his magic and tricks.
- Find a Fossil, an activity of interest to all ages. Remnants of the Ordovician geologic period, approximately 450 million years ago, can be found in Prince Edward County. This period was host to many brachiopods, corals and cephalopods. Join in to learn more.
- Tour our fields at your leisure and enjoy the various shades of lavender, from pink to purple - remember to bring your camera to create lasting memories of your time.
- Meet Marie Armstrong, Designer. Marie creates pillows and little stuffed animals for toddlers and kids. Each work of art is designed by hand and they are scented with our lavender.
- Treat yourself to Organic Lavender Cotton Candy from the Cotton Candy Cowgirls. The PETTING ZOO and PONY RIDES will be back again this year. Heal with Horses will be bringing their Mini Pigs, Pygmy Goats, Lamb, Frizzle Chickens and Ponies for everyone to enjoy! Pony Rides and Petting Zoo are available to everyone by donation.
- Sign up for U-Pick Lavender and bring home a gorgeous bouquet (fees apply on the size of the bunch)
- Visit the Horticulture Booth to purchase your lavender, other herbs and other of our fine products .
- Inflatable Castle Maze fully supervised for the little ones
- Professional face painter to add colours and wonders on your visage or your kid.
A few notes for our visitors:
- You could win one of our prize offered every hour on both days
- There are beehives on the farm - we ask that you respect the bees as they do their work.
- We ask you to leave you dog at home for those two days of festivities
- We have food vendors on site and therefore there will be no outside food allowed
- Cash is mandatory for the admission, food vendors and some of the activities on site
- The boutique will be open during the festival.
Music at the Festival
Saturday, July 7th:
10:30am to 1:00pm - R & R - Ralph and Ray – A Brighton based, high energy duo reminiscent of the style of the Everly Brothers Two Guitars, Two Voices.
1:30pm to 4:30pm - Ben Vendergaast - Ben Vandergaast is a singer-songwriter from Prince Edward County. Ben is a full-time keyboardist/multi-instrumentalist. With years of experience in recording and performing a variety of genres, an exceptional ear, touring experience, and mesmerizing piano skills, he is ready to entertain you with brio.
Sunday, July 8th:
10:30am to 1:00pm - Robert Keys - We welcome Robert Keys again at our festival. A jazz guitarist, he has played with luminaries such as Lyle Lovett and Sir John McVie of Fleetwood Mac fame! Robert incorporates a myriad of styles ranging from classical to jazz to contemporary to country and beyond, and blends them into an enjoyable musical potpourri.
1:30pm to 4:30pm - Roger Scannura Flamenco Guitarist/Composer - Roger Scannura is an internationally recognized flamenco guitarist and a leading exponent of Nuevo Flamenco. Scannura was born on the history drenched island of Malta. He has been immersed in music since early childhood and mastered the techniques and nuances of Flamenco guitar while in Spain for 12 years under the auspices of Pepe Habichuela and other gypsy masters. He has toured Europe and North America as a soloist and as a Music Director for several flamenco dance companies. He is also a founder of the acclaimed Toronto based dance company Ritmo Flamenco. Scannura with his group has performed for Prime ministers, Dignitaries as well as an assortment of celebrities including, Russell Crowe and Sting. Scannura has recorded eight cd's of original flamenco music encompassing both traditional and modern styles.[/span4] [/row]
what’s cooking at the festival?
After arriving in Canada in 2016 and making their new home in the beautiful town of Wellington, Prince Edward County, Adnan and Suhaila want to share some of the exotic flavours from their birthplace. A husband and wife team working together producing authentic, fresh Baba Ghanoush, Hummus, Tabule and Garlic Spread. We hope you will enjoy these all-natural products....Visit Site
Bajan Bites presents a Caribbean inspired menu, including its signature "Oh My Cod...fishcakes," vegetarian Black-eyed Peas fritters, Pudding 'N Souse (sweet potato pudding with pickled chicken,) Bajan Style Mac 'N Cheese, Coconut Bread and Coconut Bites. ...Visit Site
If you feel hungry at any time of the day: JC Nyman Farms will be offering their delicious maple pork sausage on a bun. John will be with us the whole weekend. (Please bring cash for John's products)....Visit Site