Admission: $7.00 per person-children under 12 are free
Come celebrate with us and enjoy a weekend of fragrance, taste and entertainment! We want to share the beauty of our purple fields, the exquisite aroma of the essence of our flowers and the flavour of our culinary treats.
** More details will be posted here as they are finalized, so check back again soon! **
(Please note that these activities are on-going throughout the weekend except for the bands/musicians which are scheduled at specific times. See separate listing to the right)
- Watch a demonstration of how Lavender Essential Oil is distilled and get your questions answered about this process.
- Free tasting of our lavender lemonade, lavender nougat and chocolate.
- You and your children will be delighted by our Balloon Artist
- Find a Fossil, an activity of interest to all ages. Remnants of the Ordovician geologic period, approximately 450 million years ago, can be found in Prince Edward County. This period was host to many brachiopods, corals and cephalopods. Join in to learn more.
- Tour our fields at your leisure and enjoy the various shades of lavender, from pink to purple - remember to bring your camera to create lasting memories of your time.
- Massage in the field with Cheryl Mumford from Belle Vie Belleville and Pamela Fraser from Relax Right Mobile Chair Massage & Reflexology. (fees apply).
- Treat yourself to Organic Lavender Cotton Candy from the Cotton Candy Cowgirls. The PETTING ZOO and PONY RIDES will be back again this year. Heal with Horses will be bringing their Mini Pigs, Pygmy Goats, Lamb, Frizzle Chickens and Ponies for everyone to enjoy! Pony Rides and Petting Zoo are available to everyone by donation.
- Meet Marie Armstrong, Designer. Marie creates pillows and little stuffed animals for toddlers and kids. Each work of art is designed by hand and they are scented with our lavender.
- Sign up for U-Pick Lavender and bring home a gorgeous bouquet (fees apply on the size of the bunch)
- Visit the Horticulture Booth to purchase your lavender and other herbs (fees apply).
- New this year!! We are adding a barrel tasting of lavender wine vinegar. Meet Pete and Marla from Canadian Vinegar Cellars. Located in Picton,they produce specialty vinegars using only the finest wines available. And they will be presenting us with our special lavender wine vinegar.
- New this year!! Inflatable Castle Maze fully supervised for the little ones
- New this year!! Two professional face painters
- New this year!! A bubble person! We will have workshops and blow big bubbles all day. We will also see sporadic short bubble magic presentations.
Please note: There are beehives on the farm - we ask that you respect the bees as they do their work.
We ask you to leave you dog at home for those two days of festivities.
We have food vendors on site and therefore there will be no outside food allowed.
Plan cash money for the admission, food vendors and some of the activities on site
The boutique will be open during the festival.
Enjoy the sounds of our live bands and musicians on both days!
Saturday, July 8th:
10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Ken Ramsden - Freshwater Trade has been playing together since 1997! They appeared at Prince Andrew's visit to the Canadian Canoe Museum, at the Museum of History (Ottawa) - and at over 30 Ontario Provincial Parks. Freshwater Trade loves singing and telling stories about the forests, rivers and lakes of Canada, and have some fun surprises in store for visitors to the 2017 Lavender Festival!
1:30 p.m.to 4:00 p.m.
Ben Vendergaast - Ben Vandergaast is a singer-songwriter from Prince Edward County. Ben is a full-time keyboardist/multi-instrumentalist. With years of experience in recording and performing a variety of genres, an exceptional ear, touring experience, and mesmerizing piano skills, he is ready to entertain you with brio.
Sunday, July 9th:
10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Roger Scannura Flamenco Guitarist/Composer - Roger Scannura is an internationally recognized flamenco guitarist and a leading exponent of Nuevo Flamenco. Scannura was born on the history drenched island of Malta. He has been immersed in music since early childhood and mastered the techniques and nuances of Flamenco guitar while in Spain for 12 years under the auspices of Pepe Habichuela and other gypsy masters. He has toured Europe and North America as a soloist and as a Music Director for several flamenco dance companies. He is also a founder of the acclaimed Toronto based dance company Ritmo Flamenco. Scannura with his group has performed for Prime ministers, Dignitaries as well as an assortment of celebrities including, Russell Crowe and Sting. Scannura has recorded eight cd's of original flamenco music encompassing both traditional and modern styles.
1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
BluZone - Based in Prince Edward County, Frank Artés and Martin Soldat are bringing us jazz. This duo plays an interesting, eclectic mix of songs from Fats Domino to Jonny Rivers to Sam Cooke and a host of others. You can listen to the ballads or dance the boogies. A very nice way to end our festival 2017.
what’s cooking at the festival?
After arriving in Canada in 2016 and making their new home in the beautiful town of Wellington, Prince Edward County, Adnan and Suhaila want to share some of the exotic flavours from their birthplace. A husband and wife team working together producing authentic, fresh Baba Ghanoush, Hummus, Tabule and Garlic Spread. We hope you will enjoy these all-natural products....Visit Site
Bajan Bites presents a Caribbean inspired menu, including its signature "Oh My Cod...fishcakes," vegetarian Black-eyed Peas fritters, Pudding 'N Souse (sweet potato pudding with pickled chicken,) Bajan Style Mac 'N Cheese, Coconut Bread and Coconut Bites. ...Visit Site
If you feel hungry at any time of the day: JC Nyman Farms will be offering their delicious maple pork sausage on a bun. John will be with us the whole weekend. (Please bring cash for John's products)....Visit Site
From our neighbours down the road, Orange Chili Oil Noodle Salad. Cold vermicelli infused with orange chilli oil and soya, on fresh lettuce, sprouts, carrots, snow peas, basil and lime. Served with skewers of barbecued pork, chicken and/or tofu. ...Visit Site